Cork Seminar in collaboration with the Southern Law Association
STEP Ireland are delighted to collaborate with the Southern Law Association (SLA) in Cork to host a seminar on 14 June 2019 in Cork City. Finola O’Hanlon of O’Hanlon Tax Limited and Eoin Tobin of Ronan Daly Jermyn will speak on Succession Planning for Businesses. A brief description of the talks is provided below.
Refreshments and registration from 2:30pm at the Maldron Hotel, 94-95 South Mall Street, Cork with the seminar commencing at 3pm on Friday 14 June 2019.
To register, please contact Niamh at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a cheque made payable to the Southern Law Association to the SLA Library, Courthouse, Washington Street, Cork. The fee is 40 Euros.
Finola O’Hanlon of O’Hanlon Tax will cover the following points during her presentation:
• Succession Planning options for businesses
• CGT Retirement Relief
• Entrepreneur relief and interaction with Retirement relief
• Buyback of shares & interaction with anti-avoidance legislation
• CAT Business relief & Revenue Verifications
Eoin Tobin of Ronan Daly Jermyn will cover the following points during his presentation:
• The legal issues to consider when succession planning for businesses.
• Wealth management strategies – family partnerships.
• Incentivising the next generation / key executives – how equity participation can work.
• Making a tax efficient will – the issues your clients need to consider.
• Enduring Powers of Attorney and the Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act 2015 – an update.
The event will be chaired by Carol Jermyn of Carol Jermyn & Co. Solicitors