STEP Ireland Summer Seminar and Wine Reception
STEP Ireland are delighted to invite you to attend our summer seminar on 20th June 2019.
Jennie Faughnan and Darragh McCarthy of EY will speak on Family Offices in an Irish Context and will address the following points during their presentation:
- What is a family office in the Irish context
- Essential components of a family office – no matter the size
- Family charters & shareholders agreements
- Tax efficient structuring options
The seminar will commence at 6pm followed by a Q&A session. There will be wine and canapes served afterwards.
Venue: Merrion Hotel, Dublin 2
Cost: Free to all our members. Non-members are welcome to attend and should send a cheque made payable to STEP Ireland for EUR50 to Siobhán O’Moore, Mazars, Harcourt Centre, Block 3, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2.
RSVP: Eventbrite HERE
Cork Seminar in collaboration with the Southern Law Association
STEP Ireland are delighted to collaborate with the Southern Law Association (SLA) in Cork to host a seminar on 14 June 2019 in Cork City. Finola O’Hanlon of O’Hanlon Tax Limited and Eoin Tobin of Ronan Daly Jermyn will speak on Succession Planning for Businesses. A brief description of the talks is provided below.
Refreshments and registration from 2:30pm at the Maldron Hotel, 94-95 South Mall Street, Cork with the seminar commencing at 3pm on Friday 14 June 2019.
To register, please contact Niamh at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a cheque made payable to the Southern Law Association to the SLA Library, Courthouse, Washington Street, Cork. The fee is 40 Euros.
Finola O’Hanlon of O’Hanlon Tax will cover the following points during her presentation:
• Succession Planning options for businesses
• CGT Retirement Relief
• Entrepreneur relief and interaction with Retirement relief
• Buyback of shares & interaction with anti-avoidance legislation
• CAT Business relief & Revenue Verifications
Eoin Tobin of Ronan Daly Jermyn will cover the following points during his presentation:
• The legal issues to consider when succession planning for businesses.
• Wealth management strategies – family partnerships.
• Incentivising the next generation / key executives – how equity participation can work.
• Making a tax efficient will – the issues your clients need to consider.
• Enduring Powers of Attorney and the Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act 2015 – an update.
The event will be chaired by Carol Jermyn of Carol Jermyn & Co. Solicitors
STEP Ireland would like to invite you to our next seminar on Monday 29 April in the Merrion Hotel when we will be delighted to have David Clancy of Clancy & Associates provide an update on tax planning for sportspersons and entertainers. An informal lunch will be served from 12.30-1pm, with the seminar commencing at 1pm followed by Q&A.
During the course of his presentation, David will address the following topics:
- International Touring & Withholding Taxes
Date: Monday, 29 April 2019
Venue: Merrion Hotel Dublin, Merrion Street Upper, Dublin 2
Free to all our members.
Non-members are welcome to attend: please send a cheque made payable to STEP Ireland for EUR50 to Siobhán O’Moore, Mazars, Harcourt Centre, Block 3, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2
RSVP: Please ensure to register your attendance with Eventbrite here
STEP Ireland are delighted to join with Chartered Accountants Ireland in hosting a Succession Planning Seminar on Tuesday 2 April from 9.30am to 11.30am in Chartered Accountants House. Sandra Meade of O’Hanlon Tax Ltd and Andrea McNamara of O’Connell Brennan Solicitors will address the following topics:
- Making a will and lifetime planning
- An overview of trusts in the context of estate planning
- A brief overview of CAT and DTT
- Summary tips in estate planning
- Small gifts exemption and complexities of group thresholds
- Discretionary trusts and tax costs
- Post death options for redistribution of an estate
Date: Tuesday, 2nd April 2019
Time: 9.30am to 11.30am
Venue: Chartered Accountants House, 47/49 Pearse Street, Dublin 2
If you are interested in attending this seminar please register using the following link here
The annual STEP Conference will take place on Friday 24th May 2019 at the Hilton Hotel, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2. See further details here.
STEP Ireland would like to invite you to our next seminar on Thursday 14 March in the Merrion Hotel when we will be delighted to have Brian Broderick of O’Hanlon Tax Limited provide a Revenue update. An informal lunch will be served from 12.30-1pm, with the seminar commencing at 1pm followed by Q&A.
Free to all our members. Non-members are welcome to attend and should send a cheque made payable to STEP Ireland for €50 to Siobhán O’Moore, Mazars, Harcourt Centre, Block 3, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2.
Please ensure to register your attendance with Eventbrite here.
STEP Ireland and Irish Tax Institute are holding their joint annual conference on Thursday 28 February 2019 in the Hilton Hotel, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2 and online. This year’s seminar is entitled “Wills, Trusts and Family Structures: Getting the basics right” and the speakers are Lisa Cantillon (Kennelly Tax Advisers), Carol Hogan (O’Connell Brennan), Anne Stephenson (Stephenson Solicitors) & Muriel Walls (Walls & Toomey). Tina Quealy, Vice Chair of STEP Ireland will chair the event which will run from 08:30 to 12:00.
All details of the speakers and how to book your place at the seminar can be accessed via the attached link.
PRIVATE CLIENT CONFEDERATION are hosting a conference on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th October 2018 in Conrad Hotel, Dublin.
The following is a brief summary of the event, as provided by Private Client Confederation:
“The Private Client Confederation aims to deliver a new, fresh look at the private client world.
Join us for a uniquely interactive conference aimed at uniting the most senior international private client lawyers with the rising industry stars to discuss the key issues affecting the Private Client Industry, today and in the future.
Whilst maintaining a mix of senior speakers and delegates, the rising stars of the industry are being given a platform to speak and an opportunity to network in the plentiful social activities on offer.
KEY SESSIONS ON THE AGENDA
- Setting the scene – the future of the UK private client market
- What does Brexit really mean and what are the opportunities for Ireland?
- What are the issues to take into account when establishing a Family Office?
- Does your client have capacity?
- What private client lawyers need to know about artwork
- Dealing with Trustee Deadlock
- Time to move: comparing the tax benefits of different jurisdictions
- A post-remittance regime under a Corbyn government – what would be the impacts?
- Debate “Public Trustee v Cooper applications are a licence for trustees and lawyers to rip off beneficiaries”
We are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount to all STEP members. To claim the discount, please quote VIP code FKW53722STEP when registering.”
For more information and to register, please visit the event website: https://goo.gl/1Sp65i
The annual STEP Conference will take place on Friday 24th May 2019 at the Hilton Hotel, Charlemont Place, Dublin 2. Booking details to follow.
STEP Ireland are delighted to have Finola O’Hanlon of O’Hanlon Tax Limited present a paper on Succession Planning for Businesses. Finola will provide an overview of effective retirement/estate planning for businesses covering Wills, provisions in shareholder and partnership agreements, planning the exit using reliefs, insuring if relevant, and dealing with unexpected deaths.
The seminar will take place on Thursday 19 April, 2018, from 12.30-2pm at the Merrion Hotel, Dublin. An informal lunch will be served from 12.30-1pm, with the seminar commencing at 1pm followed by a Q&A session.
This event is kindly sponsored by Erisbeg and is free to all our members. Please ensure to register your attendance with Eventbrite.
Non-members are welcome to attend and should send a cheque made payable to STEP Ireland for €50 to Siobhán O’Moore, Mazars, Harcourt Centre, Block 3, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2.